Tuesday, June 3, 2008

The Holy Shroud

I am pretty sure this band only has one member from his/their previous band, North of America. Correct me if I am wrong. "The band's combination of dissonant, snaking guitars, off-kilter melody, and pummeling rhythmic sensibilities" would have been lost for not Hot Cross' invitation on their tour.

This band is still considered active but I am doubting another actual release from them. I sure hope I am wrong.

This file linked below has both their full length and split 7" with Hot Cross, both released on Level-Plane records. Also, my power went out at the last fucking second of the upload. When the power came back on and I restored my session, mediafire said the file was successfully uploaded. Tell me if it lied to me. =)


Ghost Repeaters & split with Hot Cross

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah the music must not have attached. I tried to download it but there was nothing. Thanks for the post, really like North of America and excited to hear these guys.

Anonymous said...

i downloaded an sampler couple of songs, they are working, but the ep only has one song

Anonymous said...

I'm pretty sure that the split's right. It is just the Holy Shroud's song is all. The other song is Tacoma by Hot Cross I think, but it can be found elsewhere on a fat wreck chord's benefit comp.
Anyway, thanks for the fine tunes achilous.

achilous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
achilous said...

ugh, im an idiot. anyway, the file is fixed and yes, this has the full length and the one song from the hot cross split 7"

thanks again for the kind words

=)

Anonymous said...

great, maybe you should do a post about north of america, i'm missing some of their stuff, great blog, your my main homepage now

achilous said...

i will do north of america as soon as i get the first elements and the sepultura ep

=)

Unknown said...

fucking amazing band, good post!

Anonymous said...

hey man! this is good stuff! I wasn't expecting it. Caught me off-guard. Kinda sounds a bit like Rick Froberg form Hot Snakes/Jehu.

Thx!

Anonymous said...

i want the new OFF MINOR!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

soon ill upload some desert city soundtrack and the second telstar ponnies lp.
i ll give the links
great blog,great music
cheers from greece

Alejandro S said...

How do I open a compressed rar? Somehow it won't open normally...

achilous said...

dl winRAR

Anonymous said...

great post, i love north of america and look forward to the post.

many thanks for a great blog.